Unbeknownst to many CoD Mobile players, Activision’s portable version of their long-running hit franchise can also be played with a game controller. For a more accurate gameplay experience, see how to play with it.
It may seem like a strange prospect to play Call of Duty’s leading handheld game with a full-fledged game controller, but the fact is, CoD Mobile is an essential game for all fans of the series. It takes many aspects of previous CoD titles and combines them in one game.
Not only is it a condensed version of the current games like Black Ops Cold War and Warzone, but in many ways it is a more complete offering. So it makes sense for people to want to capture that authentic Call of Duty experience by using a controller on a smartphone or tablet, especially with all of the content that arrived in the game in Season 2.
Which controllers can be used with CoD Mobile?
The official Activision website Please include the following when listing acceptable devices compatible with CoD Mobile:
“As of launch, only official DUALSHOCK®4 PlayStation® 4 and official Xbox One controllers can be used to play Call of Duty: Mobile. All versions of official PS4 controllers, except first generation controllers, are supported.
Additional controller support may be available in future updates, but for now, players using an unsupported controller may experience issues with functionality. “
Since the launch of the current generation of consoles, PS5 and Xbox Series X controller compatibility has also been added.
Connecting a PlayStation or Xbox controller to CoD Mobile
To connect your PlayStation or Xbox controller to CoD Mobile:
- For PS users: The first step is to press and hold the Share button and PS button at the same time on a PS4 controller
- For Xbox users: The first step is to press and hold the sync button and the Xbox button at the same time on a PS4 controller
- Now you need to turn on Bluetooth on your mobile device
- Search for ‘wireless controller’ when Bluetooth locates a device
- Connect to it now
- Launch CoD Mobile and enable “Allow to use controller” in the Controller Settings menu
- Your controller is now connected and you can change its settings
However, keep in mind that the controller will only work when you are actually in the middle of a game. While in the game lobby or in the settings in general, you will need to use your smartphone or tablet to control the game.
Best CoD Mobile Controller Settings
Now that you’ve connected your controller to CoD Mobile, you want to make sure you’re using the best settings. Unfortunately, there is no way to tune your settings to those of Warzone or Cold War, but there are plenty of settings you can tinker with to play CoD Mobile at your best.
By going to the “Key Description” tab, you can see all the controls for the different game modes of CoD Mobile, but you can customize them further.
- To enable controller support: On
- X axis FLIP: Standard
- Y axis FLIP: Standard
- Flip triggers with bumpers: Standard
- Tap ADS: To hold
- Auto-Sprint: from
- Sprint function: Push the left stick forward
Multiplayer and Battle Royale Sensitivity
CoD Mobile allows you to have separate sensitivity settings for multiplayer and battle royale, but we recommend keeping them consistent across the two.
- Horizontal sensitivity: 145
- Vertical sensitivity: 145
- Ads and non-scope horizontal sensitivity: 100
- ADS and non-scope vertical sensitivity: 100
- Horizontal sensitivity range: 95
- Vertical sensitivity range: 95
- Sniper ADS horizontal sensitivity: 50
- Sniper ADS Vertical Sensitivity: 54
Everyone needs different settings depending on screen size and personal preferences, but this is a great place to start. Take these settings as a starting point and keep adjusting them until you feel comfortable.
Zombies mode has also been confirmed to return to CoD Mobile in 2021, so expect the game to allow you to tweak your settings for this mode as well. However, we recommend that you keep your settings consistent in all modes.
Hopefully this can help your ability to improve with CoD Mobile and serve you well for the exciting new features that have been leaked.
Image credit: Activision