Treyarch released a new update to the game settings for Black Ops Cold War on April 7.
The new update brought a new sniper rifle to Cold War and Warzone, bug fixes and more updates for MP & Zombies.
Treyarch’s blog post also details what’s in store for Black Ops Cold War this weekend, including Double XP for MP & Zombies starting April 8 and ending April 12.
The heavy ZRG 20 mm sniper rifle is now available in Black Ops Cold War and War zone as our sixth new weapon in Season Two! This devastating rifle fires massive 20mm bullets with more strike per shot than any other weapon in the Cold War sniper rifle class. Get your hands on the ZRG 20mm via in-game challenge or the “Jackpot Sniper” bundle and head to the Snipers Only Moshpit this week to test your skills.
Today we’ve added a slew of new stability improvements for Zombies in Outbreak, new gameplay updates in Dead Ops Arcade 3 and Onslaught, an out-of-bounds fix for Miami Strike, an increase in damage from the RC-XD, and some additional solutions across the board. We also addressed issues with progress tracking for the ‘Science’ weapon camo challenges for Launchers and the ‘Classic’ weapon camo challenges for the R1 Shadowhunter.
We are currently monitoring an issue where the R1 Shadowhunter appears locked to some players after reaching 15/15 on their in-game challenge progress – make sure to complete your matches when going for unlock challenges to ensure you progress is saved. As always, you can follow these articles and more with us Trello page
Prepare for more reloaded content and features from Season Two Black Ops Cold War this week, including the introduction of Gunsmith Customs, the debut of Gunfight tournaments with exclusive rewards and the new Season Two Reloaded update for Gunfight blueprints in MP!
We also bring a four-day trip Double XP Weekend to Black Ops Cold War April 8 through Monday, April 12 at 10 a.m.PT! With season three upon us, now is the time to hit your next Prestige milestone before the next set of Prestige levels comes online. For those who have already reached Prestige Master, continue to earn a new Prestige Key every 50 levels to unlock legacy Prestige Emblems and Calling Cards in the Prestige Shop. Get up and grind.
Here’s what’s new since our last update:
- ZRG 20 mm
- ZRG 20mm sniper rifle now available via in-game challenge or Store bundle.
- Fixed an issue where images of UI icons for the “Oni” crosshair were displayed too dark in the preview.
- Miami Strike
- An exploitation area closed out of reach near the parking garage.
- Increased RC-XD damage to take down nearby enemies with Flak Jacket.
- Fixed an issue where the ‘Science’ camouflage category for the RPG-7 was not correctly followed.
- Fixed an issue where the ‘Classic’ camouflage category for the R1 Shadowhunter was not properly followed.
- Fixed a stability issue related to ammo mods.
- Fixed crashes related to objectives.
- Fixed a stability issue related to the Krasny Soldat’s jump attack.
- Fixed a stability issue related to the Dragon Relic.
- Fixed a stability issue related to Wall Buys.
- Fixed a stability issue related to the secure target.
- Numerous stability fixes added.
Dead Ops Arcade 3
- Adjusted XP Rewards.
- Some rewards for donation during living slightly adjusted.
- Adjusted time allocations for Wave 3 in the Room of Justice.
- Fixed an issue where the Bonus Room War Store was not functioning as expected.
- Fixed an issue where the War Store would not allow vehicles or any car.
- Fixed a co-op issue where a player would not land in the Room of Fate if another player were to fall into the Room of Fate at the same time as a buggy or mech.
- Fixed an issue where various shield-type objects (barrels, boxing gloves, saw blades, Tesla balls) were not working as expected.
- Fixed an issue where the player’s shield would not affect the meatball or spider enemies as expected.
- Fixed an issue where the Tesla Ball would not work against some enemies.
- Fixed an issue where the player was not correctly credited for kills in vehicles for the “Damage Delivery” challenge.
- Fixed an issue where leaderboards were not updating correctly at the end of the match.
Create a class
- Fixed an issue that caused optics to automatically unlock on the R1 Shadowhunter crossbow.
Attack (PS4 / PS5)
- Difficulty adjustment for higher peaks.
- Changed enemies spawn and movement speed to other modes.
- Super Sprinter enemies added to Onslaught.
- Fixed a UI error that could appear when selecting Player Details when using keyboard and mouse.